As I write this post, I have Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga’s “Cheek to Cheek” album playing in the background. Oh, what a stylishly romantic sound. I was inspired to create a simple Valentine’s Day dish using, one of our client’s products that I got from work, ” Minute Rice” and some frozen Shrimp that was chilling in the fridge. Fried rice is tricky to make, you have to have the right kind of rice, and cook it just perfectly. This easy make rice was perfect and so quick to make.
Anyway, back to talking about how romantically Jazzy this album is. So soothing, relaxing, calming, beautiful; makes you feel romantic just listening to it. This Valentine’s Day I encourage you to be present, in your lover or loved ones’ lives. Whether you are single or taken, you always have a Valentine. So this Valentine’s Day, I encourage you to put down that phone, close that computer screen, turn off that TV and just enjoy every moment you share with your Valentine/Valentines. These days, we have so many things keeping us from experiencing life, and soaking in all the beauty that is around us.
So this Valentine’s Day, spend it at home with your love-bug or loved ones. Surprise them with a romantic “Cheek to Cheek” inspired night. Prepare a meal, set the table, light some candles, play this beautiful album. And enjoy time together. Happy Valentine’s Day, and thank you for visiting Brunch & Conversation. xo
Curried Shrimp Fried Rice
3 Scallions finely diced
1 Red Bell Pepper diced
Half an onion diced
1. Add Olive Oil to a pan, add in Scallions, Curry and Salt
2. Stir for 3-4 minutes
3. Add Shrimp, garlic and mix. Add a little bit of Red Bell Pepper
4. Cook until liquid evaporates
5. Set Curried Shrimp aside ( or just eat it as is)
1. Follow the directions on the Minute Rice package to prepare the rice
2. Once ready, set aside to cool
3. In the same pan you cooked the Curried Shrimp, add Olive Oil
4. Add the Half Onion, bottom half of the Scallions
5. Cook until onions are a light brown
6. Add the rest of the Red Bell Pepper
7. Add Rice and mix well, add a little bit of olive oil. Stir
8. Add Curried Shrimp
9. Continue stirring and mixing for 4-5 minutes. Serve!