As I reflect on the things that I have been able to do through my full-time job as well as Brunch & Conversation this year, I’ve learned that it’s important to be wonderfully kind to others. I’ve learned that what you project out into the world is returned back to you in some other similar form. I’ll be the first to tell you, sometimes it’s not an easy task. Not everyone is going to love you and you won’t love everyone, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be a kind person. I want to encourage you to be more “Wonderful” this Valentine’s Day( like these grapefruits that I’ve been eating for the past month.)
Speaking of grapefruits, I recently received these refreshingly juicy grapefruit in the mail to review. They’re from a new Texas brand called Wonderful Sweet Scarletts; which comes from the same company that gave us Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds, POM Wonderful and Wonderful Halos. Sweet Scarletts are grown, harvested and packaged in the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas. They are fresh and juicy and would go perfectly with a nice salad or as an addition to some delicious meals. The brand recently partnered with actress Haylie Duff and she was able to create this Grapefruit BBQ Chicken Skewers recipe I’m sharing with you. You can purchase these grapefruit at your nearest Walmart, H-E-B, Sam’s Club, and Target.
I tried her recipe out (sans wooden skewers) and paired it with a chopped scallion and turmeric fried rice that also had the BBQ sauce mixture. Want to try this recipe? Wonderful Sweet Scarletts is giving one lucky reader a gift basket filled with their Texas Red Grapefruit, recipe cards, a grapefruit spoon, cutting board, grapefruit bowl and an apron. Enter below…
- Wooden or Metal Skewers
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Handful of cilantro
- Pinch of sea salt & black pepper
- Wonderful Sweet Scarletts
Grapefruit BBQ Sauce:
- 1 Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Grapefruit, juiced
- Pinch of grapefruit zest
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons scallions or chives, chopped
1. Dice chicken into 1 inch pieces.
2. Slide on to skewers and season with sea salt and black pepper.
3. Grill until chicken is done, or no longer pink in the center.
4. Baste Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Grapefruit BBQ sauce across each skewer
and garnish with cilantro.
5. Garnish with additional Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Grapefruit wedges (optional).
02.08.16 Update: Congratulations Sandra Meaders, the winner of Sweet Scarletts Grapefruit giveaway. Thank you everyone for entering, reading, sharing and commenting.