It’s always exciting receiving an e-mail notification that my Degustabox has been delivered. I always pick it up and tear the box apart ready and excited to see what’s in there. I had been tracking this box for what felt like forever, mainly because of the holiday that pushed the time of delivery. So this month featured a lot of European brands like Michel et Augustin cookies(such delicious cookies), Sam Mills Pasta(gluten free) and The English Provender.
The box is usually nicely packaged, with anything breakable wrapped in bubble wrap to prevent it from breaking on the way to you. So far what I have noticed is that they introduce you to a lot of natural, Non-GMO product verified, as well as gluten free products.
After seeing the Sam Mills gluten free corn and quinoa pasta, I immediately thought of something I wanted to make. I purchased some fresh basil and Parmesan cheese from the store and came home to make chicken pesto pasta. I’m always encouraging y’all to get your box, so we can cook together. So, Make sure you use my promo code: NEIAC to get 50% off your Degustabox. Want to make this delicious recipe below, click here to order now.
Sam Mills Corn & Quinoa Pasta (note: I mixed in regular pasta)
Chicken Breast, cut in small portions & season with lemon salt/pepper
Nando USA Peri Peri Sauce (optional)
1 tomato, chopped and drained
1/2 cups fresh basil
1 garlic glove
Peanuts (most other recipes use pine or walnuts)
1/3 cup Olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Add all pesto ingredients into a food processor, saving oil and salt & pepper for later. Once it is nicely chopped, add salt, pepper and oil.
2. Set pesto in the fridge
3. Add seasoned chicken into lightly greased dutch oven and cook until chicken is tender
4. Add green beans and tomatoes, and let cook
4. If you’d like, add half & half or mix together flour with milk until smooth
5. Pour in and mix with chicken
6. Cook pasta, drain and add to dutch oven
7. Add pesto, Parmesan cheese, and mix well