Fleming’s Steakhouse Executive Chef Russell Skall has been fortunate enough to share some lovely leftover Turkey recipes just in time for the big day. After looking at all of them, I was immediately drawn to his Turkey Fried Rice recipe because I love fried rice…duh! The recipe is super easy and calls for items that you probably already have in your pantry, or that you can easily grab on a quick run to the grocery store.
Fleming’s will be hosting Thanksgiving for the first time this year, with an affordable four-course menu, featuring their Herb Roasted Turkey Breast with a savory gravy. The prix fixe menu will be $39.95 for adults, and $19.95 for children. In addition, this weekend only, the restaurant will offer all wines on their 100 wine list at $10 per glass…Hello happy hour with the siblings and cousins!
Turkey Fried Rice
Ingredients: 4 servings
2 Tbsp. sesame oil 1/2 ea. red pepper, 1/4” dice
1/4 ea. yellow onion 1/4” dice 2 small cloves garlic
2 ea. stalks green onions, 1/4” dice 1 1/2 cups cooked white or brown rice
4-5 oz. left-over turkey 1/2” dice 4 Tbsp. frozen peas, thawed
1 ea. large egg, beaten 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce Pinch black pepper
1. Heat sesame oil in a wok on high heat.
2. Add red pepper, onion and rice and sauté for 5 minutes and the rice starts to get a bit crispy on the edges.
3. Add garlic, green onions and diced turkey and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add peas and cook for 2 1/2 minutes tossing all well
5. Make a well in the center of the wok and add the scrambled egg then stir until cooked breaking up into small pieces.
6. Combine the soy sauce, Worcestershire and black pepper the stir into the rice cooking for 30 seconds.
I’ve partnered with Fleming’s Steakhouse to give one lucky reader/follower a chance to win a $100 dining card to eat there this weekend. Winner will be announced Thanksgiving morning on Instagram. Good Luck & thank you for supporting Brunch & Conversation!