I bought some frozen puff pastry sheets on a recent trip to the store. This kind of dough is really time consuming to make it( trust me I’ve tried), so I thought I’d try these and see how they turn out. The funny thing is, that I wasn’t sure what I wanted to make at first so I spent all night thinking. I somehow came up with the idea of making a buritto. The very next day, I made this burrito pastry.
With Superbowl literally at the end of this week, it’s time to think of what you’ll eat or serve to your guests. This recipe can easily be adapted to smaller portions. And it isnt that time consuming. By now you should be quite familiar with my partnership with DegustaBox. Well, I used One & Done seasoning( a special gift from Degustabox to some of their survey correspondents). I used it while seasoning the chicken that I used in this recipe. A special note about this recipe, it will taste even better the next day(just warm it in the oven).
1 Puff Pastry
1 Chicken breast, cut into small portions
Pico de Gayo
Can of beans
1. Season the chicken with garlic and One & Done seasoning.
2. Add oil to a cooking pot, once ready add the chicken and cook until tender and done. Remove
3. Add onions to pot and cook until slightly tender, then add tomatoes, beans and cook for 5-10 min.
4. Add cooked rice and mix well for 10 min.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold your defrosted pastry sheet on an oven pan or baking sheet
6. With the long side facing you, slowly and carefully add the rice mixture, chicken, pico de gayo, avocado and feta cheese onto the puff pastry. Making sure to leave enough space on each side for closure
7. Roll up the short side to meet in the middle, and tuck the ends
8. Bush pastry with egg wash and cut a few slits at the top of the pastry
9. Place in oven and cook for 20 min or until the pastry is nice and golden brown
10. Let cool a couple of minutes before cutting and serving