I took some time off from blogging after the Super Bowl, but I’ll be coming back with lots of posts. Which reminds me, I need to update y’all on my crazy-busy-fun SB51 experience…We can save that for another post. If you’ll remember, I’m in a partnership with Degustabox and receive a full box of yummy treats in the monthly subscription box.
This Month, the item that caught my eye was the Pure Dark Chocolate bar. This bar combines the rich strong taste of dark chocolate cocoa, with the lively fun taste of Anglesey sea salts. This combination brings about a nice balance for your palate. If you’re like me, and tend to find dark chocolate a bit strong, the sea salt will balance it out for you.
If you reference my previous SB51 burrito puff, you’ll notice I’m using the same dough for this recipe. Thank God for pre-made pastry dough, because I’m currently obsessed with it and want to make everything with it. Once baked, these little braids turned into this lovely chocolate cheesecake like pastry.
1 Sheet of Frozen Pastry Puff, thawed
4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
Half Green & Black’s Pure Dark Chocolate w/ Sea salt
2 tbsp Sugar (may need more)
1. Heat oven at 400 degrees
2. In a small bowl(use stand mixer if you have one), beat cream cheese until smooth
3. Add egg and sugar, and mix until well incorporated. Set aside
4. Bring a small pot of water to a boil, brake the chocolate into a glass cup and sit it in water
5. Once it looks like chocolate is almost fully melted, take the cup out and mix until fully melted
6. You can let the chocolate cool for a few minutes, then mix into the cream cheese mixture
7. Roll out and cut 9 mini rectangular-squares and proceed to cut and fill them as demonstrated above. Folded orderly as if you are braiding hair
8. Once done, brush the top with egg wash if desired and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until nice and lightly browned.